Director - Rangely Area Chamber of Commerce
Rangely Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
Travel is required
Membership is the lifeblood of our organization, which will require an individual who can relate to members and businesses of all sizes. In order to accomplish these objectives, the Director must ensure that the Rangely Chamber represents business interests of the community by being the primary source of economic assistance and support for business development, and the primary source and organizer of tourism activities within the community. The Director shall have the overall responsibility for execution of the strategic plan and mission of the Rangely Chamber of Commerce as it involves program, planning and operations while focusing on the top three priorities: Business Advocacy, Economic Development, and Tourism. The hiring board is searching for a dynamic, highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills that include social networking (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) marketing, and writing. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, detail and result oriented, able to communicate complicated concepts. The individual must be a self-starter with excellent time management skills and have the ability to work confidentially and with discretion in a fast paced ever changing, deadline driven environment. Review of applications will begin immediately.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Serve as secretary and advisor to the Rangely Chamber of Commerce Board. Be able to adequately provide all necessary information and materials to the board members, Chamber members, and Elected Officials as deemed appropriate.
- Assist the Board in developing and executing its short and long term strategic plan.
- Manage the finances of the Chamber; including the preparation of an annual budget and long range financial forecasts with the assistance of the Board and local Colorado CPA Services.
- Serve as the lead organization concerning local and regional economic development and be comfortable identifying and implementing tactics related to economic growth.
- Responsible for implementation of tactics to best promote the tourism industry and services throughout Rio Blanco County and Town areas.
- Manage the advertising sales and development of the Rangely Booklet with a focus on businesses and tourism. (This will require the ability to occasionally lift boxes which weigh up to 50lbs.)
- Apply for various funding opportunities with the assistance and direction of the Board of Directors.
- Perform Business and Economic Development; in conjunction with regional stakeholders develop a plan to attract new and retain existing businesses.
- Successfully plan, coordinate and execute all annual tourism activities and events consistent with the objectives of the Chamber including but not limited to OHV ROAR, Becky’s Walk, Visit Rangely, Members BBQ, Hill Climb, Road Rally, National Night Out, Scarecrow/Pumpkin Festival, Polar Plunge, Small Business Saturday, Santa’s Bazaar, Elf on Shelf, Business Over Breakfast, Market on Main, Non-Profit of the Year, Trash Bash, Annual Crab Crack, and any additional event as it relates to hunting/fishing, rock crawling, golfing, boating and cultural heritage.
- Report to the Board of Directors on a monthly basis concerning the status of membership, finances, tourism activities, and economic development while analyzing various problem areas and activities throughout the community that may affect the Business Sector.
- Be efficient in retaining and increasing membership through programs, services, and recruitment while providing relevant programs and services to meet member needs and interests.
- Responsible for overseeing the recruitment and engagement of ambassadors (volunteers) consistent with the goals set forth by the Board of Directors.
- Maintain effective internal and external public relations as spokesperson for the Chamber.
- Monitor and assist committees and task forces of local Boards and serve as liaison between The Rangely Chamber of Commerce and Business/Civic Leaders.
- Interface with, and cultivate working relationships with, local businesses as well as government officials to gain collective contribution to the vision for economic prosperity and continuous improvement of the Rangely community and surrounding areas. Identify critical issues that may impact the Chamber and its membership, including legislative issues.
Performs other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- A clean MVR and reliable transportation as well as a valid Colorado Driver’s License are required as some travel will be necessary.
- All applicants must be willing to submit to and pass a pre-employment background check as a condition of hire.
- The ability to effectively manage a complex budget by possessing strong financial experience including understanding balance sheets, profit and loss statements and general financial practices
- Strong multi-tasker with ability to plan, prioritize, organize and accomplish responsibilities.
- Proven ability to continually grow a nonprofit organization, including implementation of innovative and successful fund raising campaigns.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality and have the ability to understand, interpret, explain and apply general administrative and organizational policies and procedures.
- A person who is comfortable in large and small group settings while effective on a one to one basis with exceptional verbal and listening communication skills. Especially important is the ability to relate to and understand the needs of members and prospective members.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, meets critical deadlines and follow up on tasks with minimal direction and oversight.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Training:
Minimum of an Associate’s degree (with an emphasis in Business, Public Administration, Communications, or related program) and at least one year’s demonstrated leadership or administrative experience OR the equivalent in professional work experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree (with an emphasis in Business, Public Administration, Communications, or related program) and at least five year’s demonstrated leadership or administrative experience OR the equivalent in professional work experience.
- U.S. Chamber Institute Graduate
$30,000.00 - $35,000.00 per year. Pay will be based on degree of experience. The commission and benefits package will be discussed further during interview.
This is a full-time, regular, 40 hour-per-week position. Travel or a weekend/evening event that will require attendance is an expectation of this position. The successful applicant must be able to accommodate a flexible schedule.
PRIMARY JOB SITE:
All qualified applicants are asked to apply via email by attaching a resume, cover letter and three professional references to the Rangely Chamber of Commerce Board at Rangelychamber@gmail.com Or via direct mail at the address below.
Attention: Rangely Chamber of Commerce Board
255 East Main St. Suite A
Rangely, Colorado 81648
The Rangely Area Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Rangely Area Chamber of Commerce does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability or age.